Included below is information on an excellent small business event coming up on August 11. This event will focus on emerging technologies and innovation. There is also information included below about the TRDA and how they are of assistance in incubating emerging technology companies. Also of interest is a list of companies involved in this event. Hopefully you can take advantage of the resource and the event. This information was provided to me by Lindsey Levy of pushhere.com.
TRDA SHOWCASES EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES AUGUST 11
-- Small Businesses Present New DoD and NASA Funded Technologies--
ORLANDO, Fla. (August 6, 2009) — Technological innovation is what drives the American economy. And, it’s small technology businesses that help generate most of the economic growth as measured by job creation, output and productivity. Although launching a small tech business isn’t easy, organizations like the Technological Research and Development Authority (TRDA) provide invaluable opportunities for these high-growth, high-tech businesses to succeed.
On Tuesday, August 11 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., TRDA will host the Technology Opportunity Forum 2009 at the TRDA Business Innovation Center, 1050 W. NASA Blvd., Melbourne, Fla. The Forum showcases some of the most promising, federally funded technologies under development in the southeast
This event offers entrepreneurs, investors, strategic partners and others the unique chance to review emerging technologies and initiate relationships with 23 small, advanced technology firms who are developing technologies for the Department of Defense and NASA. Each of the participating companies is a recipient of a Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grant to develop and commercialize an emerging technology.
The Technology Opportunity Forum will consist of presentations and exhibitions from companies in the areas of communications, power electronics, electromagnetics, life sciences, medical devices, mechanics, sensors and software.
The Forum’s presentations, exhibition area and poster materials are designed to provide attendees access to emerging technologies and the companies behind them, leading to engagements ranging from procurement, to licensing, to strategic partnering.
Supporting The Technology Opportunity Forum as sponsors are: Berman Hopkins, Wright & La Ham CPAs and Associates, LLP; Harris; Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A. Attorneys at Law; Roetzel & Andress A Legal Professional Association; and Spacecoast Business.
For general inquiries, such as registration and event information on the TRDA’s Technology Opportunity Forum, contact:
(321) 872-1050 x 103
The Forum registration fee is $50.00. Online registration is available at www.trda.org.
The TRDA Business Innovation Center helps start-up technology firms in Central Florida grow into financially viable, freestanding, high-growth companies. It offers clients access to intensive mentoring, modern office space, shared office resources, business services, professional development and training, investor networking and more for one monthly fee.
Launched in 1987, the TRDA is an agency of the state of Florida that leverages federal, state and private resources to develop and implement technology-based programs in four target areas: education, business incubation, energy and technology transfer. Since its inception, the TRDA has leveraged tens of millions of dollars in funding to support its education and economic development programs. By infusing new technology into businesses and schools, the TRDA helps to strengthen the economy and education throughout the state and nation.
For more information, visit trda.org.
Lindsey Levy, Push.
407-841-2299 ext. 1041
Companies participating in the TRDA's Commercialization Assistance Program are:
1. Accelogic (Weston, FL) — A research and development company specializing in the extreme acceleration of linear algebra problems through computational methods optimized for massively-parallel supercomputers and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), for applications such as fluid dynamics, weather modeling, molecular design, and oil exploration.
2. Advance Magnet Lab, Inc. (Palm Bay, FL) — A manufacturing, technology and product development, and testing company specializing in electromagnetic technology with solutions in propulsion, power generation, materials processing, and medical devices.
3. Aerotonomy (Ft. Oglethorpe, GA) — An aeronautics research and prototype manufacturing company, specializing in airframes and control technologies for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
4. AERONIX, Inc. (Melbourne, FL) — An engineering services and systems integrator company, transitioning from services to product development; specializing in communications technology especially radio software, hardware components, and intellectual property for high- speed wireless networking.
5. AET, Inc. (Melbourne, FL) — An engineering and development company specializing in integrated circuits and sensors in harsh environments.
6. APECOR (Orlando, FL) — A research and development company specializing in advanced power electronics especially high power density, high efficiency, and digital control.
7. Benedict Engineering Co., Inc. (Tallahassee, FL) — An engineering consulting firm specializing in design and development of material handling systems.
8. CANVS Corp. (Coral Gables, FL) — A research and development company founded to create color night vision and innovative imaging solutions.
9. Cesaroni Technology, Inc. (Sarasota, FL) — A research and product development facility with engineering and prototyping capabilities specializing in ammunition, heat exchange, robotics, and propulsion technologies.
10. CFD Research Corp. (Huntsville, AL) — An engineering research and development services company with capabilities in multi-physics simulations and engineering/biological/chemical testing and evaluations; dedicated to technology and product development for aerospace, life sciences, materials, and energy.
11. Circular Logic (Boca Raton, FL) — A research and development company specializing in advanced acoustic signal processing technology, which approaches human auditory performance in speech processing, neural implants, military intelligence, and music processing.
12. Digital Authentication Technologies, Inc. (Boca Raton, FL) — A technology development company with receiver and authentication server system, which captures RF signals and utilizes neural network signal processing to create and verify unique location footprints in real-time.
13. Engineering Acoustics, Inc. (Casselberry, FL) — A research and development and low volume manufacturing company specializing in acoustic and vibrational transducers and systems for defense, biomedical and geophysical applications.
14. OptiGrate (Orlando, FL) — A research and development, prototyping, and low volume manufacturing company specializing in holographic optical elements in photosensitive glass for spectral and thermal stabilization of high-power lasers and Raman laser sources.
15. Mainstream Engineering Corp. (Rockledge, FL) — A thermal control and energy conversion manufacturing company with research and development capabilities and technical focus on vapor compression systems, high heat flux cooling systems, advanced diesel engine development, solar and wind powered systems, advanced materials, advanced batteries, ultra capacitors, fuel cells, and conversion of organic materials to fuel (biomass conversion).
16. MtronPTI (Orlando, FL) — A manufacturing company with product development capability specializing in electronic signal frequency control products such as quartz oscillators, resonators, filters for applications in communication, radar, and navigation markets.
17. NanoEngineering Corp. (Wellington, FL) — An engineering and development company specializing in miniaturized, precision instruments with high resolving-power for detection, measurement, and analysis of nanoparticles (including viruses) and molecules.
18. Novel Engineering Solutions, Inc. (Ft. Walton Beach, FL) — A research and development company specializing in geothermal energy generation.
19. Photon-X (Huntsville, AL) — A 3D image processing and optoelectronics engineering and development company, focused on 3D cameras and 3D video applications.
20. RINI Technologies, Inc. (Orlando, FL) — A research and development, prototyping, and low volume manufacturing company specializing in heat exchange and cooling products.
21. Securboration (Melbourne, FL) — A research and development company specializing in software that enables organizations to adapt. Utilizing Semantic Web technologies, executable workflows based on dynamic policies leverage distributed SOA assets to enact business processes in domains that range from a single business process to global inter-agency process automation tailored to user’s needs.
22. The Athena Group, Inc. (Gainesville, FL) — An engineering and design firm with applied research capability, specializing in data security and signal processing for digital electronics.
23. Transgenex Nanobiotech, Inc. (Tampa, FL) — A biotech R&D firm specializing in nanotech-enabled drug delivery systems for cancer and HIV treatments and for biomarker-aided diagnoses.