Friday, April 16, 2010

South Florida Small Business Spotlight: A Virtual Assistant 4 You

Each week, I spotlight a different small business with the intent of showcasing the variety of skills and opportunities that are presented in the small business community.  This is also to give small businesses a voice on their product/service as well as running a business.  For more questions or a request to be spotlighted, please send me an email at: www.corallaw.com.

This week the spotlight is on: A Virtual Assistant 4 You.  One of the key elements of owning a small business is knowing how and when to outsource tasks to other people or businesses.  A Virtual Assistant 4 You assists other small businesses manage administrative tasks so that the business owner can focus their time on what they do best.  Learn more below:

 

What is your business name?

A Virtual Assistant 4 You - I help small business owners create more time in their day so they can make more money in their business.

How long have you been in business?

I have worked as a Virtual Assistant (VA) on a part-time basis for over 20 years for several clients.  I started my full-time VA business just over 1 year ago.

What industries do you serve?

My skill set can be applied to virtually any type of industry.  My clientele consists of:

  • Attorneys
  • Authors
  • Executive Business/ Personal Coaches
  • Freelance & Technical Writers
  • Motivational Speakers
  • Non-Profit Organizations
  • Personal Fitness Trainers
  • Retail Store Owners
  • Software Consultants
  • Etc.

What motivated you to start your own business?

As previously mentioned, I have worked part-time in my field for over 20 years.  I chose to follow my passion for a career I enjoy, and am now translating it into a full-time business.  I also wanted to have more freedom to create a more balanced life with my family.  I am able to work from home and devote quality time to my 5-year old son, Spencer.  Becoming an entrepreneur has been a very rewarding journey, on many levels. 

If there is one aspect of your business that sets you apart, what would it be?

I help entrepreneurs remove items off of their “To-Do” list, so they no longer have to spend nights and weekends just managing the “busy work” of their business.  They can stay focused strictly on the long-term growth and success for their business.  I provide my own office space, equipment and software.  My clients pay me strictly for the time I work for them, which is 100% productive time.  When clients work with me, they have a sense of having a partner in their business. I help them by managing their administrative workload and I provide them with ideas and strategies for their business they may not have thought of themselves.  I offer a presentation titled “10 Benefits of Working with A Virtual Assistant 4 You” on the front page of my website at http://www.AVirtualAssistant4You.com.

What is your favorite part about owning a business?

I enjoy the fact that I can be in charge of creating my own marketing ideas. Being able to express myself through the messages I share on my blog and my website has been most rewarding.  My business actually reflects who I am and what I love to do.  I also love that I run my business out of my home office, so I no longer feel like I am “wasting time” driving back and forth to an office each day, and I am able to cut costs on fuel.  I can’t wait to start working every morning and the fact that I can sip on my coffee in my robe and slippers and craft a blog post is very appealing.

Who is your ideal client/customer?

My ideal client is typically a small business entrepreneur or “solo”preneur who works from their home office.  They know they need an assistant, but they don’t have additional office space, extra equipment and software.  I provide all of these items with my service.  A client may have a need for someone to assist them on an “as needed” basis or for a set amount of hours each month, and they pay strictly for the time I work them.

What is something that you have learned as a small business owner that could assist other small businesses?

I would suggest to other small business owners to never stop marketing.  Although you may feel you have enough clients in the “pipeline”, you want to continue to find creative ways to market your business.  I offer my services to clients to assist with that process, so it doesn’t feel like a never-ending task.

Is there anything else that you would like to share about your business?  What is it?

I work with clients who either are perfectly capable to manage their workload, but simply don’t have the time and/or clients who don’t enjoy or know how to manage their administrative workload.  Either way, I can help.

No comments:

Tag Cloud

created at TagCrowd.com